page top

red arrow bulletNews

Important immunization information for parents of new students


New York State Public Health Law, Section 2164 requires that schools not permit a child to attend school unless the parent provides the school with a certificate of immunization or proof from a physician, nurse practitioner or physician's assistant that the child is in the process of receiving the required immunizations.

Your child needs these immunizations for school entry-your child will not be permitted to attend school without the necessary immunizations.

The record must be from your health care provider, health department, or an official copy of the immunization record from the child's previous school – not a copy of the school health record). The exact date each immunization was given must be included in the record.

Learn more about the required immunizations for New York state students

You may send you immunizations records to your student's school. If you have any questions, please call your child's school nurse.

Mrs. Rosenstein, SNT, Rutherford Elementary: 794-4240 Ext 5 Fax 794-5137

Mrs. Soldwedel, RN, Cooke Elementary: 794-8830 Ext 5 Fax 796-5006

Mrs. Poli, RN, Chase Elementary: 888-2471 Ext 5 Fax 796-5074