November 29, 2012
If so, we encourage you to call the New York State
Comptroller's Office toll-free fraud and abuse hotline at
1-888-OSC-4555 (1-888-672-4555) or log on to the
Office of the New York State Comptroller website.
The Office of the New York State Comptroller provides a confidential and anonymous reporting system to help organizations comply with government mandates and build ethical workplace environments.
By calling or logging on to Office of the New York State Comptroller website, school employees and community members can report fraud and abuse confidentially and anonymously. The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. by experienced investigators from the Investigations Unit of the Legal Services Division of the Office of the State Comptroller.
Once a complaint is received, the Investigations Unit may:
• Conduct a preliminary investigation;
• Open a full investigation;
• Refer the complaint to the proper agency or authority; or
• Close the case.
Managing fraud, workplace abuses, and other ethical issues in today’s workplace is highly important.
The Monticello Central School District is committed to identifying and resolving fraud and abuse in an efficient and effective manner and enhancing the overall awareness of accountability for taxpayers’ money.
For more information, please contact the Office of the State Comptroller.
The Monticello Central School District has in place a
Medicaid compliance program for the following purpose:
• Comply with all local, state and federal laws and regulations;
• Require and promote ethical standards of conduct in conjunction with the Board of Education Policies; and
• Establish systemic checks and balances to detect and prevent inaccurate billing and inappropriate practices in the Medicaid program within the District.
All employees and independent contractors are charged with the responsibility to report all suspected incidents of Medicaid abuse or fraudulent activity to the District Medicaid Compliance Officer, Pupil Personnel Services Director David Pulley, who can be contacted in the following manner:
1) By phone at 845-794-0128, ext. 78910
2) By email at email@example.com
3) By fax to 845-794-0250
4) In person or via mail at the Pupil Personnel Services Office, c/o Monticello High School, 39 Breakey Avenue, Monticello, NY 12701